Thursday, March 7, 2013

Tracy Wong



Tracy Wong, a Hong Kong made, U.S raised eccentric.  She was born in 1984, and moved to the San Francisco Bay Area when she was six.  Having a set of parents who were travel enthusiasts, Tracy had traveled throughout much of China, other parts of Asia, and North America in the course of her childhood years.
Academic wise, Tracy has always strived artistically and creatively.  During her time as an elementary school student, she has won the annual school-wide drawing contest for three consecutive years and was the first to do so in the school’s history.  Upon completing high school, Tracy took on a few fashion-related jobs before attending the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in San Francisco.  She graduated with a degree in fashion design in 2010.
Just months after graduating, Tracy as invited by the founder of San Francisco Fashion and Merchant Alliance to showcase her designs in the upcoming annual San Francisco Fashion Week.  An exclusive 12 pieces collection was designed and was premiered in the avant-garde segment of the event.  The collection was coined as one of the “best of SF Fashion Week 2011” by CBS news.

Tracy Wong of Chui Chui Designs: I have always had a fascination with historical eras, especially those that were opulent and exquisite. Sometimes I would imagine myself wearing a straight, fringed dress, swaying to jazz in an art deco hall, other times I’m a very affluent woman living in Shanghai in the 1930s. And in my ultimate fantasy, I see myself walking through the Palace of Versailles, trying to fit my farthingale through the doors.
My aesthetic is deeply rooted from these fascinations of mine and they very much molded me into a romanticist. While keeping it romantic, I strive to design pieces that are feminine and luxurious, but sometimes dark with a slight risqué touch.

Sources
http://chuichuidesigns.com
San Francisco Fashion Week Designer Profiles

Image Source
http://chuichuidesigns.com





No comments:

Post a Comment